From about 1975 until the end of the 70s decade, disco was a popular genre.
Many people liked this style of music, it had a huge following and many musical artists jumped on the disco bandwagon.
Groups released disco hit after hit that would play in disco nightclubs across the country as well as at 70s parties, wedding receptions, and other events where people simply wanted to get up and dance to the upbeat disco music.
There are a number of disco hits that live on in the hearts of those who truly loved this style 70s music with the pulsating beat.
Many were by artists that specialized in the disco genre while others were from solo singers and groups that simply dipped their toes in the waters of disco, trying it on for size, recognizing that it was a prevailing trend that perhaps they should try.
Here’s a list of some of the most memorable disco hits.
- Le Freak – Chic
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Never Can Say Goodbye – Gloria Gaynor
- Disco Inferno – The Tramps
- Stayin’ Alive – The Bee Gees
- Funky Town – Lipps Inc.
- YMCA – Village People
- Superfreak – Rick James
- On the Radio – Donna Summer
- MacArthur Park – Donna Summer
- Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
- Last Dance – Donna Summer
- Night Fever – The Bee Gees
- You Make Me Feel Like Dancin’ – Leo Sayer
- I’m So Excited – Pointer Sisters
- Don’t Leave Me This Way – Thelma Houston
- Love Hangover- Diana Ross
- That’s the Way I Like It – K.C. and the Sunshine Band
- Boogie Oogie Oogie – A Taste of Honey
- Heaven Most Have Sent You – Bonnie Pointer
- The Hustle – Van McCoy
- Heart of Glass – Blondie
- Love Train – O’Jays
- More, More, More – Andrea True Connection
- Rock the Boat – Hues Corporation
- Brick House – Commodores
- TSOP (The Sounds of Philadelphia) – MFSB
- Car Wash – Rose Royce
- Turn the Beat Around – Vicki Sue Robinson
- Don’t Stop ‘til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
- We are Family – Sister Sledge
- Heaven Must Be Missin’ an Angel – Tavares
- Shame – Evelyn “Champagne” King
- Ladies Night – Kool and the Gang
- Macho Man – Village People
- I Love the Night Life – Alicia Bridges
If you would like to contribute and have your disco hits list posted on the classic70s.com website.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org